“ShopTalk” Blog – a Space to Communicate, Share Expertise, Inspire
Updated on May 1st, 2023 at 6:31 pm
This is The Job Post’s very first ShopTalk blog post. Our goal is to provide a space to communicate with workers and employers alike, to share expertise and experiences, and to inspire. We welcome occasional guest posts, but most articles will be written by our staff – those with a good pen and a heart for our mission.
For both employees and employers, there will be something for everyone.
Shop Talk’s Value
is a top priority of Shop Talk
- The latest news or events at The Job Post: They might not make the evening news but could be important or interesting for you to learn about.
- Answers to employee questions. What are the best felon-friendly jobs? What are the highest paying jobs and how can I obtain one?
- Answers to staffing questions. How does contract staffing help companies? What can I do to make temp staffing the most effective for my company?
is another purpose of this blog
- Tips on preparing for interviews, which can be different depending on the type of job.
- How to ask for a raise
- Preparing for your first day on the job
- Wage comparisons in and around the city
- Success stories – both employees and employers. Our client base tells us stories about Job Post employees saving the day and creating a win-win for all. We’d like to re-tell them here.
- Major accomplishments, accolades
- Heroes & Miracles
We’re here to help
Day in and day out we work with potential employees and employers throughout the Grand Rapids area. Your success in finding a job or employees and finding solutions to obstacles that may get in your way makes it a better world: for you, for us, and for the community.
Commenting on a post, communicating with other employees or employers that comment, or making suggestions are all welcome. Let’s make this a true ShopTalk tool.
New Posts on ShopTalk
There are several ways you can find out about a new post:
- Google My Business
- Sign up for Job Alerts. Not only will you be alerted about new jobs available, but we’ll include a link to the latest Shoptalk blog post in this email. You can choose to click and read it if it sounds interesting or wait until one interests you.
- Revisit the site at your convenience.
We plan to post once or twice a month.