Posted: Jan 11, 2022
Experienced Steel Fabricators needed for 2nd shift 4 pm – 3:30 am Monday-Friday and Saturdays for overtime.
- Lifts, positions, and removes work pieces from conveyors and bunks to assist in fitting and welding.
- Holds tape and edges and marks reference points to be responsible for layout.
- Loads, stacks, and transports stock, tools, and work in process by hand or truck.
- Attaches chains and clamps (dogs) to work pieces to prepare work piece for moving by crane or jib.
- Cleans and grinds metal preparatory to fabricating, welding, painting, or shipping.
- Picks up and trucks scrap from work areas.
- Cleans work area, machines, tools and equipment.
- Operates overhead cranes.
- Fabricates structural steel, and related items. High-quality welding of carbon steel (MIG) & (SMAW). Stainless steel & aluminum (TIG)
- The ability to read and understand blueprints.
- The ability to read precision gauges.
- Motivated, detail-oriented and the ability to perform as a team player required.
- Experience or understanding of the construction industry.
- Good reading and math skills required.
- Strong analytical skills, mechanical aptitude and manual dexterity are preferred.
- High school education or GED required.
- Able to read, write, and speak English.
- Communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Self-starter who can work with minimal or little supervision.
- 10-hour shift
- 12-hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Job ID: MF16