Must maintain a regular, reliable, consistent and punctual attendance in accordance with assigned schedule and time off policies. Other duties may be assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Cover primary operators for lunches and breaks.
- Run press while primary press operator conducts quality inspections.
- Load coils. Make sure to match picklist with coil tag so that the right coil is being set.
- Build boxes, paper skids and support any dunnage activities as needed.
- Assist in changeovers. Clean up scrap. Put away carts, tables and conveyors. Bring in the new carts, tables and conveyors and other equipment needed for the next job.
- Make tags (Router/WIP – Inventory).
- Help with two persons press jobs.
- Perform basic operations at each press
- Pack and secure parts in pack station using our banding tools
- Safety operate a forklift, loading and unloading boxes and pallets
- Mop and clean area as needed.
- Maintains work area in a clean and safe condition, following 5S standards.
- Understanding and working knowledge of all job-related Quality Objectives, Quality System Policies, Procedures, and Instructions.
- The ability to acquire a Forklift License may be required.
- Ability to read and write documents such as safety rules, production and quality recording and manufacturing work instructions.
- The employee may be regularly required to finger, handle, feel and reach; frequently required to stand, walk, sit, bend, lift and talk or hear; occasionally required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee may need to occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
- Good attendance history