This position provides support for a U.S Department of Labor Job Corps contractor and is responsible for coordinating meal preparation, supervises kitchen and cafeteria activities, and keeps a clean and safe environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepares and serves appetizing, attractive, and nutritional meals for trainees.
- Prepares food in accordance with planned menu.
- Prepares food in large quantities in accordance with defined specific tasks or standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Ensures proper storage of usable and non-usable leftovers.
- Ensures the maintenance and proper temperature for both hot and cold food items. Maintains acceptable standards of personal and area cleanliness when handling and preparing meals.
- Keeps assigned work areas well organized and clean.
- Cleans, mops, and empties waste when assigned or as needed. Handles food in a sanitary manner, including receipt, preparation, and storage.
- Maintains food temperature records
- Maintains equipment logs
- Prepares monthly inventories. Records usage of leftovers
- Maintains daily usage logs
- Records the number of meals served at each mealtime and documents number of staff and visitors
- Assures proper equipment use and maintenance
- Uses food service equipment including meat slicer, blender, food processor, mixer, ovens, grill, knives, and other items as necessary
- Cleans, sanitizes, and ensures equipment is maintained in good working order. Notifies supervisor when repairs or replacements are needed
- Maintains a safe work environment
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid state driver’s license
- CPR/First Aid certifications