Posted: Jan 11, 2022
You will be required to produce a robust set-up, equal to or below the estimated time (generally 13 hours), that manufactures parts within the statistical capability to meet specifications and production rate.
You will be inspecting parts, using a variety of measuring techniques, to support the conformance requirements.
- Set up and operate the Davenport equipment in a safe and effective manner within the standard time.
- Must be able to set up cams, gears, pushers, collets, threading spindles, brakes, and other standard tooling.
- Able to set up machines in the allotted time.
- Can set up any job no matter the complexity.
- Able to adapt to quick scheduling changes, communication, status reports.
- Measure and monitor parts using appropriate instruments to meet all quality standards (conformance).
- Meet production rates (employee efficiency).
- Notify your supervisor immediately of any issues that prevent you from doing anything included in this job description.
- Recognize changes and ask questions accordingly.
- Track time properly – punch in/out of work orders properly for accurate time tracking and part counts.
- Support your team leader.
- Cross-train when provided the opportunity and perform any other task assigned including the operation of equipment.
- Loads stock into feeding mechanism, replaces worn tools, may operate surface grinder to sharpen tools and may use statistical process control techniques.
- Attendance – You show up on time and ready to work.
- You consistently work whenever needed without complaint or comment (i.e. overtime).
- 5 – 7 years of experience setting Davenports.
- Preferable, but not required: High school diploma or equivalent.
- Understanding a manufacturing environment with an attention to detail.
- A team player with excellent communication skills.
- Strong commitment to doing quality work.
- Work with high energy and a sense of purpose.
- Willingness to learn and then apply.
- Basic computer skills are required.
- Supports all company goals and demonstrates initiative.
Pay: $16-$20/hour, depending on experience
Job ID: XF6