Posted: May 4, 2022
Expires: May 24, 2022
- Sets up and operates mechanical, hydraulic, or pneumatic heavy duty power presses to bend, form, pierce, cut, and stamp sheet metal into shapes, forgings or weldments by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Selects and positions die sets into ram and bed of machine
- Aligns and bolts dies to ram and bed of machine
- Turns handwheel or levers to set depth and pressure of ram stroke.
- Lifts and positions workpiece between dies of machine
- Starts machine to lower ram which bends or straightens workpiece between dies
- Repositions workpiece and changes dies when making multiple or successive passes
- Hand forms or finishes workpiece
- Inspects and marks job number on finished workpiece
- Other duties may be assigned
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- One year experience working on automatic press machines
- 2nd Shift: 2:00 pm – 10:30 pm